With Harver’s Email Templates, communicating with your candidates is easy and simple. Allowing you to customize each email to your organization’s brand, your candidates will be automatically sent updates throughout the recruitment process as you see fit.
Throughout this article we will discuss
- What templates are available
- The basics of editing and customizing the templates
- Tips, tricks and best practices
What templates are available:
- Registration email: This email will be sent to the candidates after they have logged into the experience for the first time.
- Completion email: This email will be sent to the candidates after the candidate completed the flow/candidate experience.
- Reminder email after 48 hours: With this email you can remind the candidate after 48 hours that they have started the experience but that they did not complete it.
- Reminder email after 7 days: With this email you can remind the candidate after 7 days that they have started the experience but that they did not complete it.
- Talentpool email: This email can be sent to the candidate when you move them to the Talentpool status.
- Invited email: This email can be sent to the candidate when you move them to the Invited status.
- Rejected email: This email can be sent to the candidate when you move them to the Rejected status.
- Hired email: This email can be sent to the candidate when you move them to the Hired status.
The basics of editing and customizing the templates
To edit the email templates, you have to click on ‘account settings’, within the menu of account settings you will see ‘email templates’. Here you have the option to select the correct language which you would like to edit. The language of the flow is connected to the language of the email templates. So, if you have multiple languages in the flow, you have to adjust the email templates in all those languages.
When you click on the plus sign on the right, you can start adjusting that template. When you click on the blue toggles on the left of each template, you can switch the email template off or on. Even if an email template is toggled off, when managing candidates and changing their status, you will get a pop up with the question if you want to send an email. Within this pop up you also have the possibility to personalize the email for this particular candidate. When sending this email, you can CC yourself or a colleague and you can choose if a candidate has the possibility to reply to this email.
Tips, tricks and best practices
- Create a general recruitment email which you would like to receive replies to. For example email@example.com.
- Reminder emails are a great way to remind candidates that they have not yet finished the experience and can alleviate some of your manual work.
- Even if your account is set up as an integrated account with an ATS, there are still some emails that will be able to be used:
- Reminder (2 & 7 days)
- Completion email
- In the completion email give your candidates some information regarding the next steps and who to contact if they have further questions. It might be helpful to also link your career site to this email.